This article provides instructions on how to create and/or edit an organisational structure in Lighthouse.
ACCESSING THE ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE
1. Log in to your Lighthouse instance.
2. Select the settings cog.
3. Select ‘Administration’.
4. Select ‘Organisational Structure’.
GETTING STARTED – CREATING A NEW ORGANISATIONAL UNIT
1. Click the ‘+’ icon located on the right side of the screen.
2. Populate the fields as follows:
- Name: is the title presented to the user when they are selecting an organisational unit i.e. the organisational unit name.
- Code: is used to uniquely identify that organisation/division/unit and is vital for integrated branch updates (where applicable).
- Supervisor: is used to identify the person who manages the organisation unit. Note: When you allocate a user as a Supervisor, they will have visibility of all data within their allocated branch and those hierarchically below it.
- Deactivated: select the date the organisation will be deactivated (if required).
3. Click the green tick button to save your changes.
ADDING/EDITING/DELETING ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURES
- To edit a organisational unit, click the pencil icon to the right of the organisational unit name.
- To create a new organisation unit, click the plus button to the right. If you are wanting to create a child organisational unit, click the plus button to the right of the parent unit.
- To delete an organisational unit, click the minus button located to the right of the organisational unit name
- If you would like to override the supervisor that is listed for a specific organisational unit, you can click the person icon to the right of the organisational unit name. This override function allows you to select a user who is performing the duties of the Line Manager as at the current date.
Note: if you ever need to view the deactivated organisational units, you can select the button ‘show deactivated elements’, located at the top of the page.
- The organisational structure is displayed in a hierarchical format that can be expanded or contracted by clicking on the expand/contract arrows located next to the organisational unit name.
- You can move organisational units around by dragging and dropping them; dropping a specific organisational unit on the ‘Name’ column heading will place it at the top of the hierarchy.