This article provides instructions on how to create a new group in Lighthouse.
CREATING A GROUP
1. Log in to your Lighthouse instance.
2. Select ‘Manage’.
3. Select ‘Groups’.
4. Select ‘Create New Group’.
5. A new screen will appear, enter the information as follows:
- Name = name of group i.e. Finance Team.
- Description = provide a description of the group i.e. This group undertakes finance-related tasks, including staff reimbursements and the payment of invoices.
- Group Email Address = if the team has a functional email address include it here i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Contact Number = if the team has a generic phone number include it here.
- Locked = select ‘Yes’ if you would like only administrators of this group to view and administer this group.
- Default Notification Style = select the appropriate group notification method. ‘All member’ means email notifications will be sent to the personal email addresses of all group members. ‘Group Email Address’ means email notifications will only go to the group email address listed above. ‘All members and Group Email Address’ means notifications will go to the personal email addresses of all group members and the group email address.
6. Press the blue ‘Save’ button to create the group.
ADDING/EXCLUDING GROUP MEMBERS
1. Once a new group has been created, a number of tabs will appear. Click into the tab ‘Member Criteria’.
2. To add a new group member, click the plus icon under the ‘Include’ header. Follow this same process under the ‘Exclude’ header if you would like to exclude certain user/s from the group.
3. From the drop-down list next to ‘Type’, select the user/s you would like to add to this group:
- All Users = all system-wide active users.
- User = select a specific user to add to the group. You can add the user by searching for them using the user search function below ‘Type’.
- Group = select an existing group to add to this group. Using the drop-down list below, search for the group you would like to add.
- Organisation Unit = select a specific unit from the organisation unit to add to the group. Using the drop-down list below, locate the unit you would like to add. You may wish to include lower levels from the unit including their members and supervisors.
- Classification = select a specific classification to add to this group i.e. APS5. Using the drop-down list below, locate the required classification.
- Classification Level = select a specific classification level to add to this group. Using the text box below, type in the required classification level.
- Email (partial match) = select users with specific email addresses to add to this group i.e. @torque.software. Using the text box below, type in part of the email address so it includes any users with this same email format in this group.
- Position = select a specific position to add to this group i.e. HR. Using the text box below, type in the required position.
4. Select the green tick once complete – repeat until all users have been added.
5. All users have now been added/excluded from the group. Keep reading below if you want to learn more about each tab within a group profile.
This tab will show you a list of all members included in the group. This will include the member’s name, email, organisation unit, classification and position.
ADMINISTRATORS CRITERIA TAB
This tab allows you to include/exclude administrators from this group. Refer to the steps above about how to include/exclude group administrators (same process as the member criteria tab).
This tab will show you a list of all administrators for this group. This will include the member’s name, email, organisation unit, classification and position.
This tab will show you where the group is being used i.e. the different modules where it is being used.