This article details instructions about how to assign a proxy* to a survey in Lighthouse.
1. Log in to your Lighthouse instance.
2. In the top menu bar, select ‘Manage’.
3. Then locate the required survey group from the menu i.e. ‘General Surveys’, ‘Assurance Surveys’ or ‘Compliance Surveys’.
4. Select the desired survey from the list of surveys that appear.
5. Once in the survey, at the top of the survey menu bar, select the ‘Participants’ tab.
6. From the list of participants, locate the participant who will be assigned a proxy. You can do this by ticking the box on the far-left side.
7. Select the drop-down list from the ‘Action’ button in the menu bar.
8. From the list, select ‘Assign Proxy’.
9. Search for the name of the individual you are wanting to assign as the proxy, and then click ‘select’.
* Assigning a proxy means another user can complete (and submit) a Lighthouse survey on behalf of a survey participant.
A NOTE ABOUT PROXY DELEGATIONS
Proxy delegations have been set up as a special administrative role that is used to push survey responses through to completion when a participant is on leave or cannot complete a survey.
As a result, responses made by a proxy can be pushed through as ‘incomplete’ or ‘as is’ by a proxy to not hold up any future levels of the survey or end dates. This means that any ‘mandatory’ survey questions can also be overridden by proxies due to the special nature of their functionality – this is by design.
It is highly recommended that proxies are used carefully. We recommend that only system administrators are made proxies to move surveys along.